Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pink Paislee String Art DIY

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of http://canoncreativegirl.blogspot.com/.  I do receive financial compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Hi everyone!  Do you love string art?  I  want to share with you today how I used the string art heart template from Pink Paislee to create this DIY art piece for my scrap room.


tring Art #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee





Did you know that you can use the string art templates on more surfaces than just paper?  I have been a long time lover of all things string art.  I've created lots of scrapbook layouts and cards over the years using string art, and decided that it would be fun to make my own hanging decor.

String Art #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

First, I purchased the wooden sign from my local craft store, and then I used tape to adhere my template to it.  This step really comes in handy so that your template does not slip or move when you are making the holes.

Next, I used a pencil to make a small mark where each nail should go.  After I made my marks, I removed the template so that I could position my nails.

I used small panel nails for this project. One at a time I positioned each nail where my marks were, and used a small hammer to pound them in.

String Art #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

Once all of your nails are in place, just use the string (included with the template) and follow the guidelines (on the template) to create your own one of a kind piece.

String Art #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee



I randomly added beads to my string before tying each line down.  Once my piece was strung, I added the Thicker phrase word sticker "wander" and an arrow.  I finished by adding a few chipboard  stickers to the design.

String Art #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

String Art #ppfancyfree | @gina_lideros for @pinkpaislee

Have you given the string art templates a try yet?  I would love for you to share how you are using them with me!




Collection Used: Fancy Free

No comments:

Post a Comment