Saturday, May 17, 2014

Altered Pinwheel Project

Hi Everyone,
I'm back today sharing another project made for The Paper Bakery using their April Train Station Scrapbook Kit. You can really stretch this kit and get so many wonderful projects out of it!

Pinwheels Project Tutorial

To create my pinwheels for this project, I first started by cutting out 3 squares.  Then I used my scissors to cut diagonal slits in all four corners.


Next, I used a hole punch to punch 5 holes.  One for each corner and one for the middle of the  pinwheel.

Next, fold in each corner and line up the punched holes.  Use a brad to pin them in place.

Now you are ready to embellish your pinwheels.  I used a small circle punch to punch 3 small circles.  With adhesive, adhere
them to the center of your pinwheels and embellish with Maya Road sparkle resin flowers (included in kit).  Use strong adhesive (I used Zots) to adhere a straw onto the back of each pinwheel.  Now, your pinwheels are done and ready to display.

After creating my pinwheels, I thought that it would be fun to embellish a small jar to display them in.  I decided to use a glass ball jar and jute twine for this.

Using liquid adhesive, adhere one end of your jute twine to the lower bottom side of jar, and start wrapping around.  I used liquid adhesive around each wrap to make sure that my twine would stay in place.
Continue wrapping around until you get your desired look.  Trim off any excess and glue the end down.  


Now, you are all finished and ready to display.  These make fun party decorations and can be used to also dress up your house.

Here are a few closeups of the pinwheels:


This kit was so much fun to work with and you will love all the 'springy colors' in this kit.  You can pick up the April Train Station Scrapbook Kit right here.
Have a wonderful weekend!!





1 comment:

  1. Such a cute project, Gina! I love the twine added around the jar!

    ReplyDelete