Tuesday, June 28, 2011

back from a fun weekend

Hi everyone, hope your having a wonderful Tuesday. Mine has been slow to start. Everyone slept in today at my house. We were tired from the busy weekend. My Mom came to visit on Saturday with her new fiancee Mark. We spent the whole weekend getting to know Mark and showing off our city. On Sunday we visited the California state museum. I thought that I would share with you some fun pictures that I took at the museum.


This is a photo of my Mom with my son Matt. Isn't she beautiful? She doesn't look like a grandma, which is why my sister and I like to tease her and call out 'Grandma' from across the room whenever we are in a store or public setting.


I just had to take a photo of this old bus that was part of an exhibit.


and here is a shot of my family inside the bus. What can I say? We act crazy every chance we get.


This elephant exhibit was just calling me to take his picture.


I thought the heart shape on the top of this pie was too cute not to take a photo of.

and I saved my favorite photo for last....

At the museum they had a stack of old suitcases and I just couldn't resist those colors and textures.

Thanks for letting me share some of my favorite photos with you, and thanks to my husband for being such a patient guy. Our whole purpose of going to the museum was to see a work water project that his department worked on. I am very proud of my husband and the work he has done as a civil engineer for the state. But, the photographer in me was itching to run around and take shots. Since I started photography as a hobby I find the beauty in everyday items. I guess that's what photographer's do. I told my husband that he is going to have to get me this bumper sticker:



lol. Have a great day, and rest of the week.

3 comments:

  1. love the luggage photo! where is that museum anyways? maybe i should go check it out too!

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeee the photos!!! Thanks for visiting my blog... I am following you now! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what fun pics! and I love that bumper sticker, i think i need that too lol!

    ReplyDelete